Below are important instructions and tips so you get the most out of your SourceYourMeeting.com account:
Snack Size Video Tutorials: Check out our quick tutorials for an overview of SourceYourMeeting.com and to learn how to create your account and respond to your first eRFI.
- An "eRFI Link" is unique to a meeting. All hotels use the same "eRFI Link" to bid on the same meeting.
- Every user of SourceYourMeeting.com must create and use their own account.
- Never forward your user name or password to another user! You can forward an "eRFI Link" or have a co-worker go to Hotel.SourceYourMeeting.com to create their own user account.
- ALL hotel responses must be on the eRFI Response Form and submitted by the "Hotel Response Date" or they cannot be accepted (The planner cannot accept emailed responses). (You can offer Alternate Dates and turn down the business on the eRFI Form).
- This ensures all the responses for the planner are in one place, saving them hours of cutting and pasting;
- If the hotel does not respond on the eRFI Response Form they will not appear on the report the planner shares with their client, boss, committee or other stakeholders;
- If the hotel wants to respond after the Hotel Response Date expires they need to have the meeting planner "Extend the Hotel Response Date" in their portal to re-enable the response form;
- Please indicate referres (CVB, NSO, etc) on the eRFI Form so they receive notification you've submitted your eRFI.
- Turn-down the business: Hoteliers complete the mandatory fields on the eRFI Form and select "Turn Down" on the eRFI. Regardless of whether you have availability always be sure to respond on the eRFI Form so Planners know you care.
- If you do not respond on the eRFI Response Form you are left off reports the planner uses when considering future bookings (not to mention that even a No response gets marketing value by presenting the hotel to a client for future consideration);
- When you turn business down we encourage hotels to propose alternate dates on the eRFI Response Form. We help our planner users understand the value of considering alternate dates so it increases the chance that your hotel(s) could win the business;
- Representative responding on behalf of one or multiple hotels (Ex. A regional rep, sales assistant or lead catcher completing the form on behalf of a local or on-property sales person always logs into Hotel.SourceYourMeeting.com as themselves using their own email address. Once you are into your own account go to "My Hotels" to add more hotesl to your account so you can submit an eRFI for multiple hotels for the same meeting. You also will be able to identity the sales person you are responding on behalf of on the eRFI Response Form.
- Click an "eRFI Link" from a planner to link a Lead to your account, view the meeting specs, and respond on the eRFI Response Form;
- "Leads/Opportunities" shows all the Leads linked to your account;
- "Responses" is where submitted or partially completed eRFIs are displayed;
- eRFIs submitted for a hotel are viewable by all hotel Users associated with that hotel;
- Don't over think it, there are "Click for Instructions" buttons on every page that give you short targeted tips related to what you will need to do on that page.
Understand the difference between Admin Users and other Users:
- Upgraded Accounts gain more exposure to planners and to functionality to increase sales effectiveness.
- Admins can Upgrade their Hotel/CVB account (Email us to get volume discount for upgrading multiple hotels);
- Admins with an Upgraded account can build a "Promote Your Hotel" (Hoteliers) or "Promote Your City" (CVBs) that brings your hotel and city to life and makes it easy for Planners to view key Group related sales content;
- When you upgrade a Hotel/CVB account, All Users for that Hotel/CVB are upgraded simultaneously;
- The first user to log in for a hotel or CVB is the "Admin" for that hotel or CVB;
- Admins can assign additional Admins within "Manage Hotel Users". (There can be multiple Admins for each Hotel);
- Admins receive notifications when a User registers to submit eRFIs on behalf of their hotel;
- Admins can activate or deactive User accounts for their hotel or CVB;